The itinerary varies according to the patient’s clinical needs and is subject to change based on the addition of optional services, which can be incorporated during the second and additional days of the same week.
A detailed itinerary will be provided to clients one week prior to the commencement of the program.
|DAY||MEDICAL SERVICE DESCRIPTION|
|Monday||Diagnostic Laboratory Testing
Diagnostic Radiology Testing
Pulmonary Function Tests
|Tuesday||Internal Medicine Consultation (First visit)
|Wednesday||Internal Medicine Consultation (Second visit)|
|Thursday and Friday||Available for additional or optional medical services|
Basic Medical Services
Diagnostic Laboratory Testing
- Lipid Profile (total cholesterol; HDL, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides)
- Renal Panel
- Thyroid Profile
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Fasting glucose
- Uric Acid
- Sedimentation Rate
- Prostate serum antigen (PSA)
- Follicle stimulating hormone
- C-Reactive Protein
- Hepatitis A, Ab (antibody)
- Hepatitis B, Ab (antibody)
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen
- Hepatitis C (antibody)
- HIV – (available by special request)
Diagnostic Radiology Testing
- Chest x-ray (two views: anterior-posterior and lateral)
- Comprehensive Abdominal Ultrasound (Gallbladder, kidneys, liver and pancreas)
- Mammography (routine o diagnostic)
Pulmonary Function Tests
- Intensive spirometry: total volume capacity
Optional Medical Services
Additional Medical Appointments
Appointments with medical specialists not included in the basic medical program are optional and available for those patients whose clinical conditions warrant it. The Schnitzler Medical & Wellness Program provides direct access to physicians from over thirty specialties and sub-specialties. When needed, our clinical and administrative team coordinates the incorporation of additional medical appointments to the original plan of each patient.
Screening Magnetic Resonance Imaging
The screening magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a study that provides 3-Dimensional images of the body tissue. This diagnostic test uses super-conductive magnets that create radio frequencies to produce images of the internal body structures, without any associated risk to the patient. Considered as the latest in technology MRI is also one of the most reliable sources of information. The data obtained from this study helps physicians to identify possible health risk factors or hidden pathology at a stage too early to create symptoms.
- Brain MRI
- Cervical Spine MRI
- Thoracic Spine MRI
- Lumbar Spine
- Breast MRI
Hospitalization or Surgery
Hospitalizations and/or surgeries are not included in the basic program. However, as optional services they are incorporated and available to those patients whose clinical conditions require it. When situations of this nature occur, our medical and administrative teams coordinate all aspects of care according to the individual patient’s needs.
The following is a listing of the activities carried out by our personnel during a hospitalization or surgery:
- Coordination and communication between the specialists and hospitals according to the plan of care, prior to, during, and after the surgery or hospitalization.
- Assistance with the necessary pre-operative instructions to the patient.
- Coordination and communication with the department of foreign and international relations of the hospital, who are in charge of the administrative aspects at the hospital
- Constant and continuous medical care provided to the patient by a member of our medical team
- Coordination of the medical instructions, pre- and post-hospitalization by a member of our medical team
- Coordination and supervision of the medical appointments post-operatively with specialists, when the patient’s clinical condition requires it.
- Compilation of the patient’s medical records and results
- Planning and logistical coordination of the patient’s transportation to and from the hospital.
- Coordination and conduction of all billing transactions including the payment processing, for all medical services.
Recognizing that the economic success of a company directly relates with the health and well being of its employees, our medical wellness program developed an annual health assessment tool to assist corporations in attaining this goal.
Several Mexican companies have incorporated the Schnitzler Medical & Wellness Program as part of their annual strategic planning and corporate promotion. A written consent, from both the patient and the corporation, is obtained to authorize the release of the patient’s medical data. Accordingly, the company uses this information to assess the level of future production and stability of each employee. It is also useful in the planning of the company’s short and long-term financial goals.
To facilitate the implementation of the program, a corporate charge system is available. Our program contracts with the best specialists and sub-specialists in the United States. A discount of 20% to 30% from the participating doctors, hospitals and clinics is offered to the patients enrolled in our program.
Family and Individual Plans
The individual patients or families enrolling in the Schnitzler Medical & Wellness Program receive similar benefits to those participating in the corporate plan, including the discounted fees. Special care and accommodations are available to the handicap, elderly, children or patient with chronic illnesses needs. Our medical program was created recognizing that health and well being are among the highest priorities of an individual. After a comprehensive medical evaluation, we provide the patient with strategies for healthy living.
Our program contracts with the best specialists and sub-specialists in the United States. A discount of 20% to 30% from the doctors, hospitals and clinics is provided to the patients enrolled in our program.
Our administrative personnel handle the patient’s logistical coordination including travel information, transportation, lodging, translation to his or her native language, and all necessary documentation.
Benefits provided to the patients enrolled in the Concierge Medical & Wellness Program include:
- A comprehensive evaluation by Dr. Robert N. Schnitzler, Internal Medicine specialist, Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist as well as prestigious specialists and sub-specialists.A health history and preliminary assessment is conducted, via a telephone, by our medical team, prior to the patient’s arrival. Preliminary knowledge of the patient’s current and previous health information allows our medical team to carefully develop a strategic plan of care.A full range of preventive screening tests for early detection and diagnosis of cancer, heart, lung disease, and other serious medical problems. Specialty consultations included in the comprehensive program: Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, and Urology.
- The patient privately consults with Dr. Robert N. Schnitzler, who reviews and evaluates the test results and provides a plan to address any medical issues, as well as treatment options to promote healthful living and disease prevention.
- The patient receives a comprehensive wellness overview that includes the medical results obtained from various physician specialist consultations and the plan of care developed recommended.
- 24/7 direct access to our medical team during the patient’s stay in San Antonio.(After hour calls limited to emergencies.)
- Personalized orientation overview provided to patients prior to program commencement.
- Translation to the patient’s native language is provided by our multi-lingual medical team.
- Complete logistical coordination to include transportation, lodging, medical appointment coordination, and other basic medical services.
- Transportation and personal assistance, and companionship to all Your browser may not support display of this image. medical appointments.
- The patient is provided with a cellular telephone to help facilitate communication with our medical team.
- State-of-the-Art Medical Facility.
- Enjoy the many tourist attractions available in San Antonio, Texas
SAWI MEMBERSHIP FEES
The San Antonio Wellness Institute incorporates generous professional discounts from the network of physicians, hospitals and clinics that participate in our medical and wellness program program.
All associated program fees are the responsibility of the patient. Our patients receive professional discounts for basic and optional medical services. Third-party insurance carriers can be billed directly by the patient for possible reimbursement consideration.
Our medical team coordinates and processes the payment for the services received by each patient throughout the program. This administrative function is an essential benefit to the patient, as it ensures that three correct professional discounts are applied for all services rendered.